New Peppermills

Chuck Ellis

Here is the beginning of my new collection of Peppermills... I had the good fortune to sell off my last collection to a local gallery... these are up on my website and I'll probably put a few on display in the local Bakery.. they have a section of their dining room to display some local artists.. I've begun experimenting with some segments and these are the results... also threw in some natural woods I've been working on too..
The segments are marblewoods, muirapixuna, box elder, paduak, purpleheart, Brazilian ebony, and bloodwood. I glued up 12 x 12 x 3 inch blocks and angle cut .. the solid wood top on the one is IPE. The solid woods are Honey Mesquite, Pau Ferro, and Australian Myrtle Burl. I finished all of them with a gloss wipe on poly and buffed with carnuba, except for the myrtle burl.. it's only finsihed with carnuba. See what you think..

Attachments

• 34-255-2.JPG
    34-255-2.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 34-279-3.JPG
    34-279-3.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 34-388-3.JPG
    34-388-3.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 34-390-2.JPG
    34-390-2.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 34-391-3.JPG
    34-391-3.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 34-393.JPG
    34-393.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 21
Great job, Chuck. I've been looking at pepper and salt mill kits...thinking they might sell at the shows. What kits do you prefer? Ive been looking at the ceramic mills from CSUSA. Any recommendations?

Great looking mills Chuck. I am just finishing up a set that someone ordered. This time I am using the ceramic Crush Type mill from Woodcraft. A little different to fit the mechanism inside but very nice. Without seeing the bottom and judging from the capless top it looks like you are using the same.

Great job, Chuck. I've been looking at pepper and salt mill kits...thinking they might sell at the shows. What kits do you prefer? Ive been looking at the ceramic mills from CSUSA. Any recommendations?

Hi Vaughn,
I use the ceramic "crush/grind" from either CSUSA or Packardwood... same mill and same pricing, just depends on what else I might be ordering as to which... I like them because they are a little more forgiving on the dimensions and I think more design opportunities.