Thread: Any good uses?

Any good uses?

for a small vacum pump, have 2 small ones that are available, dont think they are big enough for bag use they are 110 volt and the other is 220 volt.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Larry, if they draw a vacuum, why wouldn't they be good for bag use? I've not seen a 220v VP that was under powered for vacuum chucking, much less bagging.
    Billy B.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan

Could they make a vacuum chuck?
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Clamps? They could be used to hold things to the table while sanding.

Could you reverse the inlet and outlet ports like you do on a vacuum cleaner so that it pushes air instead of draws it in? If that is possible you could use them to blow sawdust out of the way of a scrollsaw or bandsaw.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

hmmmm

well you folks never seess ta amze me
    firtst bill i dont think these will have the volum or power to do a bag from what i saw on tods setup, ken the vacumn chuck sounds very possible but i dont have lathe and there fore dont have that need. now al you got me thinkun on your suggestion, any plans or info on how to do that have seen some vacum clamps in action and was impressed at a trade show. and as for your idea travis your to machnist minded hadnt give that thought at all i usually just use the inner bellows for that but this one unit would sized well for that application if i could switch them around like you think... thanks folks wil grab them and see if i can make proper use of them.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    and as for your idea travis your to machnist minded hadnt give that thought at all i usually just use the inner bellows for that but this one unit would sized well for that application if i could switch them around like you think...
    Its a blessing and a curse I'm afraid. I get into trouble sometimes on here, but I like to think outside the box and get other people to see things from a different perspective. Glad it worked for you in this case.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"