If it's not one thing, it's another! It's always something!

Jeff Horton

Wonder how many recognize that line and where it came from?

Anyway. The Island now leads to bar stools it looks like. I have the mortiser, I guess it's time to get it running and put it to use. I guess I am supposed to work on these between jobs on the Kayaks? :rolleyes:

barstool1.jpg barstool2.jpg

First draft on these. Got to put them before the Board and she how SHE reacts. I am sure after I walk away and come back I will make some changes to the design too. Will probably make them of poplar with a maple or cherry seat.

Jeff,

Well, I like them. Hope the board does too. Is that a greene and greene detail near the top, or am I getting my historical styles wrong? I read somewhere that even Gilda liked that style... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Not sure if that is really Greene and Greene of not. It's sort of is. It's actually my wifes idea but I doubt it's an original idea. Someone else has probably done it. I always though it was G&G meets Southwest. :D

Jeff, I like 'em but I think the legs should be vertical and you need to put a little butt scoop in the seat. I'd make the corbels a wee bit smaller, too. I don't care for the angle between the square holes and the legs. It looks a little strange to me. I'd also make the legs a bit more massive. Not a lot but some.

Yup, pretty much agree with everything you said Dave. As for the corbels, I quit trying to make them look right in the sketches. I do them by eye once everything else is done. I just put them in for show and tell.

I was a little concerned about the legs being square/straight up and down. Makes for a small footprint so I flared them. But it really doesn't go with this style of furniture. I might enlarge them some and see what happens.

Also agree on the seat. Just wondering if I can find an 6/4 wood around here. Lots of forest but little choice in wood.