Thread: Johnson's Paste Wax

Johnson's Paste Wax

Seems like I read that some people are having problems finding some Johnson's paste wax to keep the iron from rusting. I have a Meijer store local to me (Lafayette) that has the 1 lb. cans on the shelf. If you can't find some and are wanting it bad enough, I'll get it for you at cost plus shipping. Should run in the ballpark of $10 +/-. Let me know before Thursdays, thats when I make my Meijer run.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00153.JPG  

Hi Doug ,
    It is very nice of you to offer that to the folks who can't easily get hold of it. I use the product and have done so for years. It is easy to find here so I won't need any, but "thanks" for your willingness to step up and help!
    Shaz

Well maybe a can of the "Jones's"
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

You're a good man for offering Doug. Lowe's has it where I am.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Same here... easily available in this part of PA. Thanks for offering to take your time to do that though.
    Build it Break it Fix it ...repeat

I've noticed that it comes and goes off the shelves. sometimes it is easy to find but then when I run out, I can't seem to find it anywhere, then I do find a can and it seems to be everywhere.

Having recently spent way more time than necessary to find this wonderful product last weekend, I want to add that it is most likely found in your local friendly Home Depot or Lowes. The tricky part is that it is not always located with the other floor wax products like Minwax or whatever. In the stores near me, it was up to 2 aisles away, mixed in with various cleaning supplies.

I can only hypothesize this was strategically placed on these secret shelves by local woodworkers hoping to keep stock available for themselves or for those who possess the patience to search tirelessly through thousands of products they'll never use to find the magic treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Birnbaum View Post
    In the stores near me, it was up to 2 aisles away, mixed in with various cleaning supplies.
    Yeah, the BORG keeps it by the cleaning supplies out here on the left coast as well . No where near the other waxes.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke