Humble offering

Looking at some of the things you guys are producing makes me a bit wary of showing the things I do but what the heck....here goes

Yew, 12" tall 1/8" dia stem, 2" dia bowl Sealer & wax finish

Nicely done Pete! I've only turned a couple pieces of yew and I've enjoyed it. Those goblets are fun to turn and a good teaching tool for progression turning within a project!

Look great :thumb:

12" tall, boy, those must have been fun to turn :eek:

How tippy are they, might just be the pic, but the base looks smaller than the cup part... :dunno:

How is the Yew to turn?

Cheers! :wave:

Pete, just like the other comments, for sure no need to be wary.
A very nice and slender goblet, my only remark is the foot, thinking of tip over. More important, you had fun with turning this goblet, and sharing this goblet with us !!

Ad :thumb:

Pete,

My momma always taught me that false modesty is a vice! ;) You do great work! There's no way I could make any of those pieces. Looking forward to seeing more...

Thanks,

Bill

Yes Pete, for sure you're very productive, this vase is a very nice one, I like it a lot. Very well done.

Good looking goblets Pete. I tried one awhile back it is much shorter and the walls are a lot thicker. I chickened out trying to turn the cherry burl I had any thiner.

Pete, turning a goblet 300mm tall with a stem of 3mm is quite a challenge.
This shows your skills, so you did a great job.