Humble offering

pete. they both look good to me...but the important question is...did you have fun doing them? unless you're doing it for income that's the most important aspect of woodworking.

as for laburnum, vaughn...it's poisonous...don't make any food utensils out of it...at least that's what i've read. pretty flowers though.

pete. they both look good to me...but the important question is...did you have fun doing them? unless you're doing it for income that's the most important aspect of woodworking.

as for laburnum, vaughn...it's poisonous...don't make any food utensils out of it...at least that's what i've read. pretty flowers though.

Laburnum flowers are really bad news, the wood is not poisonous per se, unless you chew on it
ashamed0001.gif
but I wouldn't advise making any food related things with it just in case. It doesn't get listed in any of the online databases that I have seen but like all woods, the dust should be treated with respect.

For food usable items I generally stick with beech or chestnut.

This was made with chestnut and zebrano handles. The roller has no finish at all, just a lot of sanding, and the handles have several coats of melamine on them.

This one was made of beech, again, no finish at all, just lots of sanding

Pete