My Workshop

Rick Doyle

Hi,

Here's a pic of my workshop. It's pretty small - 11' x 18', but I've managed to fit a table saw, jointer, planer, band saw, drill press, dust collector, cull bin and router table into it and still leave myself enough room to move around and work pretty comfortably. The workshop is 1/2 of what used to be a 2 car garage so with the overhead garage door open in good weather it makes the shop seem a lot bigger.

workshop_0983.jpg

Here's a link to a few more pictures of my workshop:

http://www.rickswoodworking.ca/workshop.htm

rick

Rick

How do you like the Ridgid Planer and Jointer? I was thinking of getting those soon. I haven't heard anything bad about either of them except maybe that the jointer table height is a little low.

nice use of the space you have.

chris

Rick,
Look very fundtional and a great use of space. Where do you assemble your projects.
Hi Dan,

This is the view from the 'other' end of my workshop.

workshop_1047.jpg

I have a small setup table where I do all of my gluing and assembly. I haven't had any problems yet with anything I've built even though it is a tight squeeze at times.

rick

Hi Chris,

I have been very happy with both the jointer and the planer. Both have been solid and dead-on accurate right out of the box. I have no problems in recommending both machines!

I haven't noticed any height problems at all with the jointer - I've never found it to be too low at all.

rick

Nice shop Rick.

Gotta ask, how do you like that Ryobi contrator saw? I have one just like it and I've built a table around it. Heres a pic. DSCF0843.jpg

Its in a new shop but it gives me more work space for larget stuff. The movable cabinet on the side gives me th ability to move to the left of the saw for more support space.