Building a diamond wine rack

Thanks Jeff... another one to put in the FAV pages of my browser under WOODWORKING STUFF. Curious how long it takes from start to finish making one. Wish I knew more about making web pages, couple folks here have asked me how I make that cracker tray I posted the other day. I will dig up a couple pics making it and post, but would be much nicer if I could put it in a web page like you just did.

Last edited:
Curious how long it takes from start to finish making one. Wish I knew more about making web pages, ....

Well I assume you meant Web Page? That one took me an hour maybe a bit more? But I have a template set up so I just had to insert the text and photos. The background, menu etc are in the template. Plus I use some other short cuts I learned.

But if you have never done one, that page could take you weeks. Like so many things it just depends on a lot of factors.

One of my least favorites but simplest ways to make a web page is to use Word. If you can create a nice looking document, you can save it as a an HTML file which is what a web page is. It's about a simple as they get.

I don't like the way it writes code with tons of useless stuff. But it does produce a web page. It just has some serious limitations but if you like clean and simple web site, it might be a good option.

Well I assume you meant Web Page?

I'm sorry, that was my fault, I actually meant how long to make your wine rack, but re-reading my post I can see how you would assume I meant the web page.

I know from talking to folks that do websites for a living that simple web pages don't take long if you know what you're doing, but complicated ones they can agonize and twiddle for weeks getting them dialed in. The method you used, template and then fill in the blanks, is the way to go, but then you have to write the timeplate first. Too many irons in the fire to get into that at the moment.