Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody got shopnotes #96 they could scan for me?

anybody got shopnotes #96 they could scan for me?

its the only one im missing would like to get a copy of it if at all possible. pdf would be great if anyone could do that it would be awesome thanks

Is this the one you are looking for?

http://www.shopnotes.com/issues/096/
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

yes thats the one, its november 2007

Mike, just a reminder that Shop Notes is copyrighted, and copying the entire issue might be a copyright violation. Although I doubt that the publisher of Shop Notes cruises forums looking for such posts, it would not be pleasant to be "selected" for a test case.

From the CofC: No member shall transmit content or otherwise conduct or participate in any activities on the Family Woodworking site that, in the judgment of Family Woodworking moderators or administrators, is likely to be prohibited by law in any applicable jurisdiction, including laws governing the encryption of software, the export of technology, the transmission of obscenity, or the permissible uses of intellectual property.

Nancy
    Last edited by Nancy Laird; 03-02-2008 at 03:05 AM.
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Mike,
    An issue that new should be readily available directly from ShopNotes. Since copying an issue for you would violate all sorts of copyrights, maybe you should just buy the issue. Travis has already pointed you to their website.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Nancy is indeed right, it would be a violation of Copyright Laws, and while I did not say it, I did leave the link for that reason.

Now this leads to another question however...does Copyright Laws have an expiration date like Patents do? The reason I ask is; I am an old woodworking tool buff and often get asked by people to photocopy the old manuals of these power tools. I always give another reason, but as a writer myself, I have no intention of breaking any Copyright Laws. After X amount of years is it okay to photocopy and scan stuff, or is that stuff always protected?
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Johnson View Post
    ...Now this leads to another question however...does Copyright Laws have an expiration date like Patents do? ...
    The full answer is "it depends". Here's more info:

http://inventors.about.com/library/b...ght_expire.htm

Or, if you really want to go to sleep:

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ15a.html
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

im sorry guys, i had not thought of that

i saw another post where someone was asking for a copy of a magazine thought it would be ok to ask
    Als ik kan

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    The full answer is "it depends". Here's more info:

http://inventors.about.com/library/b...ght_expire.htm

Or, if you really want to go to sleep:

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ15a.html
    Well that sums it up. Thanks Vaughn,that is two quick answers from you in two days time regarding questions I have had for a longtime.Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    im sorry guys, i had not thought of that

i saw another post where someone was asking for a copy of a magazine thought it would be ok to ask
    That's alright Mike. Here in the Northeast we just punish people that do that sort of thing by Tar and Feathering and running them out on a rail. You'll have to take a rain check on that right now because the railroad in my town is up for sale, and with 4 feet of snow on the tracks, nothing is moving for awhile.

In all seriousness, such a modern publication is copyrighted, but it will be very easy to get a copy of that magazine I'm sure.

I should get a subscription to that magazine anyway. I make a lot of my own tools,and once used a project in that mag. I pretty much just used the idea, but forged ahead with my own plans and methods of build. Its a great mag though. It just seems that one issue is awesome,and the next has nothing I would ever use?

For what it is worth, I made a stainless steel shoulder plane from one of their issues around July 18th 2006. I remember because I was reading it as the Mrs was at the hospital about ready to give birth to our daughter. I don't know the issue # though.