Walnut jewerly box

I would post the pics here on the forum so they could be saved for posterity. Link no workee.

Last edited:
Scott,

If you need to resize your pics for adding to the forum, I use Picture Tray (http://www.picturetray.com/). It's a single executable file to run it, so I put it on my desktop and launch it from there. Just drag/drop your pictures onto the left pane and new pics will be placed on your desktop. Upload the files and when you close Picture Tray it will cleanup the resized picture files (so if you want copies of the smaller files copy them somewhere before closing it).

I did a printscreen of my settings that I use and attached it.

Attachments

• picturetray.jpg
    picturetray.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 10
:(
BTW, I enjoyed your Vegas era pin-ups on the first incorrect link.

:rofl:

Nope sorry it's not a plan. I seen this box on a retail web page and decided to make my own. I do most of my woodworking from my head. That also makes for a few do-overs during a project. The box is 11" high 15" wide and 9" deep.

It's a lacquer finish. I had to put a lot of lacquer on and do a lot of sanding because I made the mistake of not using a grain filler first. That was lesson one.

I used poster board wrapped in felt for the lining. I like the way the poster board adds thickness to the felt. I use a hot glue gun to glue it in place on the box. Sorry Darren no pics. I tired a cotton fabric on a previous box. It was too hard to keep straight. The ring pads in the top are from Rockler. The reason I buy the pads from them is because I also get the felt from them and they claim the material matches, and it does. I wish they had some ring pads that were round on the top instead of square. I think that would add a softer look.

On the top lid, I routed a groove and glued a thin piece of popular in. I steamed, glued and clamped the popular in place. I was shooting for a jet black trim. It didn't work as you can see. Again I should have used some type of grain sealer before staining.

On my next box I believe I will make of a trim section and spray it with a black lacquer.

Thank you for all your comments and suggestions.