Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Raindrops are falling on my head

Raindrops are falling on my head

And have been, ALL DANG DAY!!! And I so wanted to fire up the mill today. IF the weather forecast holds true its going to be a lousy week. It's all ready turning to mud soup out back.

I did get a shelf with coat hooks for the back door whipped out today. Nothing fancy, but it is functional. And the shop is staying warm and toasty better than it ever has since I swapped out wood burners.

Got some more pepper plants started, had one batch that didn't germinate, High Mowing seeds sent me replacements. They where out of the a size packets (about 50 Seeds) so they sent me a b size, 196 seeds Of course I planted them all

All day long......

Yesterday was so nice and pleasent, wanted to work outside but too muddy to do anygood. So I worked on a project in my garage, so enjoyed standing in the doorway and enjoying the fresh air. (I'm rebuilding a 1912 all wood body Model T Ford in my garage and basement shop.) Quite a project.

Rained here all day as well, so I chose to go underground and hide out in the basement, catching up on other projects, reglueing diningroom chairs and recovering the seats for my daughter.

I am Sooooooo ready for spring or at least sunshine.

Yesterday was BEAUTIFUL!!

A Model T you say, We have a place right here in New Springfield that has tons of stuff
    http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/

If you ever met Doc Snyder you would never guess he owned that place, old farmer, always wears bib tops, and drives a Lincoln Navigator

It's raining its tail off here too, but only started within the past hour or so. What variety of pepper seeds did you plant? I really miss my place back in western PA where we had enough land to put in as many peppers, tomatoes, peas, cucumbers, zucchini, pumpkins, name-your-veggie as we wanted. Here, I have a tiny space in the backyard where I cram in as much as I can. Last year, I had a bumper crop of tomatoes, about 8 plants that produced like crazy. Some volunteers, some donations, plus Hungarian wax and jalapenos, in addition to the herb garden. Hoping this year's weather is as kind as last to the plants...
    "We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time."--Vince Lombardi

All sweet peppers MJ California wonders in Green to red and green to yellow. And theres a white one in there also.

Wife has a bunch of herbs started,, and theres about 150 or so 4 oclock flowers started. I really need to get some marigolds started

Robert,

With the move planned for late last year, and delayed for a while, we weren't planning on a garden again, but.... The dirt just seems to creep under your fingernails, once you have one.

I don't think I'll start as many seeds as I usually do...

The garden is 24 x 40. Tomatoes, Bell and hot peppers, Winter and zuccini squash, onions, sugar peas, eggplant, cucumbers...

Must be nice to start things outside My garden is still under some snow, oh though its melting away quite nicely today. Mines about 30 x 50. This year its going to be bigger I acquired access to some ground to use.

A white pepper? I'd like to hear more about that one. I had zebra-striped tomatoes last year which were great fun... donated by a guy who was giving away flower pots too, so I took everything. Why not?

We've been pretty light on snow and cold here this winter. The spring flowers are starting to peek through the dirt now-- finally! Looks like I might actually get some garlic from the garden, unlike last spring for some odd reason. The whims of the garden.

You guys are making me jealous hearing about your big gardens.
    "We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time."--Vince Lombardi

Yep a white pepper, was looking things over and we have chocolate ones too

Heres the white peppers we got

I get all of my seeds from 3 places
    www.totallytomato.com
    http://www.seedsofchange.com
    http://www.territorialseed.com

Only because I only plant organic open pollinated seeds
    Some of my seeds are saved and like this year we are trying a some differant stuff

I'm a long way from warm yet. In fact when I get off of here I'm going outside and fix the fire

You should all head over to www.mytractorforum.com. They have a section on organic gardening as well as home gardens.

I should be kicked in the knee for not having a garden. I have the room and the equipment to put in a decent sized garden, and I know the produce would taste better and be cheaper for me in the long run, but I haven't put one in yet.

Someday I would like to plant a few acres of potatoes as my family used to raise them on a huge scale (2000 acres), but at the current prices, its almost as cheap to buy them as it is to grow them.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"