Machine Covers

glenn bradley

I coulda swore I saw someone post about HTC machine covers earlier today but I cannot find it. At any rate, I was looking at some the other day while at Rockler with LOML. I came home last night and she had cut up a canvas drop cloth and sewn up these for me.

Attachments

• BS-cover.jpg
    BS-cover.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 61
  • TS-cover.jpg
    TS-cover.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 52
I agree with Darren...nice score on both counts.

We tend to wear out the holes on the edge of a plastic shower curtain every few months, so I save them as use them as dropcloths and to cover my tablesaw with when it's being used as the finishing table. I also lay a few of them out on in the driveway when I'm cutting and sealing turning blanks. LOML would tan my hide if I got oil or wax spots on our driveway. The shower curtains save me from having to get out the pressure washer. ;)

Very nice, Glenn. I recognize my bandsaw under one of those covers. You know there's no free lunch...now you must build something for her.
Cheers

Depending what step I'm on with a project, I may not use a machine for a few days. If I don't keep the dust/sawdust brushed off it holds the evening moisture and marks the cast iron. Covers keep me from having to brush them off every time I get ready to quite for the day.

Depending what step I'm on with a project, I may not use a machine for a few days. If I don't keep the dust/sawdust brushed off it holds the evening moisture and marks the cast iron. Covers keep me from having to brush them off every time I get ready to quite for the day.

OK, I guess I have neither the moisture problem you or am as concerned about dust. I sweep out a couple times a month. It's a shop, not a show room. Oh, well. Carry on. :)

Glen that wife of yours is worth her weight in gold. Once in a while I go down in my basement shop and find that the vacuum fairy had done her duty while I was away. Yup, she's a keeper.

Like Frank, I don't cover my equipment. When I do need to use the table saw top as a bench, I cover it with a piece of an old sheet.