Hello

Peter Rideout

Hello Everyone
I've been lurking for a while since Art Mulder directed me here as a way to contact Stu. It didn't work out to get a tour of the Dungeon yet, but hopefully next time I'm in that neighbourhood.
We live in the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia, where we spend a good deal of our time and resources restoring an old farm property, where we have raised two sons, various pets, a few (now elderly) Quarter Horses and, more recently, a small flock of Shetland sheep. My wife is a handspinner, weaver and avid knitter, hence the sheep.
I've been woodworking as long as I can remember, but really caught the bug from a great Grade 8 shop teacher. Our woodworking shop is a work in progress, growing and developing largely as required to support the restoration of the old house (1840) and buildings, but increasingly for furniture and other projects as well. I am fascinated by restoration carpentry and hope to learn and do a lot more of that in the coming years.
This is a great site. I look forward to regular visits a lots more of your very inspiring "show and tell"
All the best
Peter

Thank you everyone.

It is a "good life" Ad. We live in a bubble here really, a safe place with a fine climate (except this morning - freezing rain), yet well-connected to the world.

MJ, I soon have to get some younger horses. We have several antique horse-drawn vehicles, but we lost our driving horse a few years ago and the current ones are too set in their ways to hitch to a fine old sleigh. I don't need that kind of excitement!

The workshop list is long and spring, with the attendant outdoor jobs, is just a few weeks off. Currently, parts for a batch of six Adirondack chairs are stacked up in there; a disassembled oak desk and chest of drawers; a 36 inch Leclerc loom and parts for two English-style garden benches. I still have to re-produce about six traditional wooden window sashes. It'll get done when it gets done.

Looking forward to lots of inspiring project postings and good ideas here.

All the best
Peter