Brisket Knife for Dad

You have to be wary of Cryogenic Treatments, for there are two types. One only lowers the temp down to -100º, where as the better system goes down to something like -271º. I know when I worked at Lie Nielsen,they used the latter method and claimed it was better. I am sure they are right.

You have to be wary of Cryogenic Treatments, for there are two types. One only lowers the temp down to -100º, where as the better system goes down to something like -271º. I know when I worked at Lie Nielsen,they used the latter method and claimed it was better. I am sure they are right.

That's interesting. The price Vaughn stated that he paid for that blade seemed very-very reasonable to me. The company Cold Steel sells their (completed) knives for big bucks. $23.00 for a blade like that just didn't compute. And, like anything, the debate goes on as to whether the cryo treatment really does improve the steel. The Arkansas bladesmiths who forge their own would get real unfriendly if you tried to tell them a cryo treated blade was better than theirs.