granddaughters toybox

Here is a toybox I made for my granddaughter Janelle. Made with recycled pine boards from my own design. It took 8 hours to handpaint the picture on it. Never dreamed blonde hair would be so hard to paint. LOL
Virgil

Attachments

• IMG_0101_1.jpg
    IMG_0101_1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0103_1.jpg
    IMG_0103_1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 49
Very nice woodworking, but the picture is at least as impressive. (Maybe because I could maybe make the toy box, but I wouldn't stand a chance at doing a painting like that.) Great job. :thumb:

Well, I don't know if I could make as nice a toy box, but I'm very sure I could not paint like that.

You did a fine job, thanks for sharing! :thumb:

I'm not sure it is really fair to have both woodworking skills and painting skills. I guess some people get most of the skill. I consider it a good paint job when I get most of it on the wall. Very nice job.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I guess I'm a "Jack of all trades, master of none" :rofl: I love anything to do with wood , from inartsia, to chainsaw carving, to fine furniture.
Virgil

I'm not sure it is really fair to have both woodworking skills and painting skills. I guess some people get most of the skill. I consider it a good paint job when I get most of it on the wall. Very nice job.

I second that... the ability to paint a picture like that takes your woodworking skills to another level when you make things.