Finally using my MM-16 Sam........

Last Saturday I finished the major points of the DC install. So I set my new MM-16 in place, leveled it and then took my wife out for supper to celebrate her birthday.

Sunday Sharon was fixing brunch when the phone rang and I spent the day working on some equipment at a local hospital.

Tuesday evening, I took a dremel tool, a cutoff blade for the dremel tool, a square and a extra-fine tip Sharpie....marked the back side of the blade guard and cut away about 3/8" of the rear portion of the blade guard so I can even run a 1/4" blade and get the thrust bearing up to the 1/4" blade.

Yesterday, I had some questions so I contacted Mini-Max and talked with Sam Blasco. This morning I had one other question, so I called Jim Becker.

This morning I tightened the belt tension on the drive belt and got rid of the squeel I was experiencing on startup. The belt tensioning on this b/s is a thing of beauty!

Using Mark Duginske's book and Sam's advice and Jim Becker's advice I got it going. I postioned the 1/2" stock blade that came with the saw, got it tracked and tensioned; set the upper and lower blade guides and fired it up. I turned it on and off a half of a dozen times running it for 10 seconds to 2 minutes. Each time while it was shut off I'd open the upper cover and verify that the blade was still tracking properly. Then boys and girls I made my first cuts with a bandsaw. What a thing of beauty!

I'm convinced I made a good decision buying Mini-Max!:D

Thanks Jim, Sam and Mark!:thumb:

Last edited:
Whew! Since it didn't happen....I don't have to worry about pics!:D

Besides, by now I think we all know what an MM-16 looks like...

Congrats, Ken! You're gonna like that saw! I have the Laguna 16 - comparable - and it's a whole order of magnitude step up from my old 14". I really liked the 14, and I still have it, but the 16" just seems so much more solid. The 3 hp doesn't hurt, either.

Okay Greg....Here it is.

Sam...it was amazing....after adjusting the fence for drift....and there really wasn't much drift....I sliced 1/8" slices of the this 2x6 like it was butter. Next I'll try doing some resawing with some height.

bswb1 (2).JPG

Thanks again for you help and encouragement Sam!

Nice, Ken! :thumb: A shot of the owner, making sawdust on a new toy...from the motor side. No labels to show what kind it really is....:rolleyes:

:doh:

Be careful....you'll cut your finger off! :eek:

:rofl: :rofl:

Thanks!

Nice, Ken! :thumb: A shot of the owner, making sawdust on a new toy...from the motor side. No labels to show what kind it really is....:rolleyes:

:doh:

Be careful....you'll cut your finger off! :eek:

:rofl: :rofl:

Thanks!

Yeah.....I didn't give you my social security number or blood type either. Jeez......what are you Greg.....a Member of the Admin team here?:D