Idea for younger turners

Paul Douglass

I wish I had gotten interested in wood turning when I was younger. I would have (I think) cut a piece off of each Christmas tree we put up and over the year turned a Christmas ornament out of it. I would at least put the date one it but also, maybe, write some memorises from that Christmas and put inside it. Be like a little time capsule Each year you would have a new ornament to add to the tree.

Just a thought.

Hi Paul :wave:,
That is a tremendous idea and I am sure a bunch of the turners will begin doing it. Thanks for sharing a very marvelous thought!:thumb:
Any ideas on what to do with that Easter Bunny?:dunno: :rofl::rofl:
Shaz :)

Hi Paul :wave:,
That is a tremendous idea and I am sure a bunch of the turners will begin doing it. Thanks for sharing a very marvelous thought!:thumb:
Any ideas on what to do with that Easter Bunny?:dunno: :rofl::rofl:
Shaz :)

Ok, now you are poking fun at my sentimental meanderings.:eek: :rofl::rolleyes:

I had an idea for the easter bunny, but I'll keep it to myself... wabbits is good eat'n...:rolleyes:

I've always said that rather then give away those nasty old Cigars that are no longer vogue on the birth of a child, people should give out wooden pens instead. Nothing says the Circle of Life, like a piece of wood that was once a living, breathing thing, morphed into a whole new useful product. Not to mention a wooden pen would last much, much longer.