Appalachian Woodworking Expo 2008

Jim Ketron

I enterd 11 pieces at this years show, I came home with a Best of show and Peoples Choice ribbons, and some 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbons.
The Big Leaf Maple Burl Bowl took Best of Show, and the Silver Poplar Hollow Form took Peoples Choice.

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

You always have been such an underachiever, Jim. I see you're still up to your old tricks. :rofl:

Congrats on the well-deserved wins. :thumb:

Congratulations, Jim. I can certainly see why both pieces won. They are both exquisite.

I also like that little carved figurine beside your turning...is that Milton Berle?

very nice pieces there, you must has dyed the hollow form or is that the normal color of that specie of popular

This piece is natural Larry, It had lots of eyes with plenty of curl and figure and had spalted some for the darker green areas. I have to thank Mr Mark Cothren for the blank and It took me a long time to get this one finished.
here is a link to the original post of the piece.

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6690

Cody those carvings was part of a contest the carvers had.
some of the best carving I have ever seen was displayed there:eek:.
I would post some pictures of them here but I dont think that would fly to well in the turning section.

...I would post some pictures of them here but I dont think that would fly to well in the turning section.
Drop 'em off in the General Woodworking or Neander areas. We've got carvers here who'd love to see them. (Heck, you could put themhere in the Turning area and I don't think anyone would complain, but in the other areas, the carvers we have here would have a better chance to see them.)