Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: medical question?

medical question?

i was watching a tv show the other day and they said they could tell the parent of a lost child (kidnapped) from the blood type... if the child was b+ what would the possibiliteis for the parent's type be? inquiring minds are curious...
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

I doubt a parent can be identified from blood type. Unlikely possibilities can be eliminated. Using DNA (not our kind ) would be foolproof. A search of blood type info will bring up charts that show possibilities.

What an odd question Larry. planning something??
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

ODD question!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Watson View Post
    What an odd question Larry. planning something??
    hey there are plenty of folk here that know i am odd and i di put it in the off topic forum... i do have something up my sleve possibly... a get even with sort of thing among friends. but in the old days they did require blood tests to see if you could get married now days they dont care i quess, probally figure it wont last the yr anyway

Hmmmmmm, so that evil glint in your eye in your avator is real and it isn't from the camera huh????

Man your answer just made the plot thicken.

I'm thinking Larry is worried someone's looking for the father of a child out there........
    Ken
    ------

I doubt blood typing would do it, but they can do reverse paternal DNA. That is where they take a sample of the Dad's DNA, and the Mom's DNA and then check all Baby Doe's and found children and see if anything matches.

Basically they figure out what the DNA of a child by these two people would be in the lab. Nowadays they can tell what color eyes, what color hair, the gender and any genetic defects a child will have BEFORE they are even conceived. This is kind of scary to me, but I do scare easily.

My wife and I had this option when we had Alyson. We could see what the chances were of having a Down Syndrome child or other major defect would be. We opted out of it,as it was semi-expensive and we thought we would just take what we were given. I am not sure the test would have found anything out or not,but Alyson was not a good pregnancy. 7 out of 10 months, Patty was on complete bed rest, and in the end Alyson was taken by emergency surgery. Everything worked out fine though since then, pretty healthy girl.

Anyway, now they are extracting the DNA from a dinosaur and trying to reverse engineer it to bring back a living species. That is REAL scary!
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    Hmmmmmm, so that evil glint in your eye in your avator is real and it isn't from the camera huh????

Man your answer just made the plot thicken.
    well that could be said of me jon, someday i need to tell ya the story of the porta john.. mine

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I'm thinking Larry is worried someone's looking for the father of a child out there........
    nope ken your going the wrong way on a one way street,, see i am not and wasnt a rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    hey there are plenty of folk here that know i am odd and i di put it in the off topic forum... i do have something up my sleve possibly... a get even with sort of thing among friends. but in the old days they did require blood tests to see if you could get married now days they dont care i quess, probally figure it wont last the yr anyway
    Oh so your saying that you are doing a blood test to prove you are the father of your best friends son and that wild weekend wasn't just a twisted dream?
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............