Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eureka it has arrived

Eureka it has arrived

Yes my EurekaZone EZ-Smart System has arrived to include Smart Home owner system but with the longer guide system 1 bar 64" & 1 bar 50" a nice Hitachi Saw & the Smart Square. This should make cutting full sized sheet good in a small shop EZ'er.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EurekaZone  EZ Smart System 001.jpg  
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

congrats bart, should be a nice addition to the shop

Congrats Bart. If I ever get to a point where I'm doing much work with sheet goods, I'll be looking hard at one of the guided rail systems.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Congrats, Bart!

I have the Festool system, but the E Z looks good! They have a lot of accessories that I've seen on their web site. I'm sure you're going to really enjoy it.

Congratulations Bart. Once you have used a guided circular saw system, you will wonder how you got along without one.
    Cheers, Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    Yes my EurekaZone EZ-Smart System has arrived to include Smart Home owner system but with the longer guide system 1 bar 64" & 1 bar 50" a nice Hitachi Saw & the Smart Square. This should make cutting full sized sheet good in a small shop EZ'er.
    That's the same system I have, only I use a Makita saw. It's a super system for breaking down plywood in the driveway before bringing it into the shop and onto the tablesaw.

I also bought a 36" rail to use for smaller cuts - just make the system a bit handier.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    That's the same system I have, only I use a Makita saw. It's a super system for breaking down plywood in the driveway before bringing it into the shop and onto the tablesaw.

I also bought a 36" rail to use for smaller cuts - just make the system a bit handier.
    Jim, I agree that a guided circular saw great for that but I also find that mine is accurate enough that, most often, I do not need to recut on the table saw. Don't you find that too?
    Cheers, Frank

Bart,

Please tell us more! I've still got a ton of sheet goods to cut up for built ins, and a birthday coming up. Trying to decide between a 100" EZ smart and a festool. Really tired of cutting all the sheet parts 1/2" long, and then trimming 1/4" off each side on the table saw. So, 200, plus the price of a new handheld, vs. 560, plus the price of a longer guide. I know there are lots of ezsmart enthusiasts, and the people who have festools love those. Tough call, really, especially since I've never owned a top of the line tool.

All that to say: tell us more about what you got, and why, and what you'll use it for...

Thanks,

Bill

Looks good Bart, I'm sure you will love it!

Bill, do you have a decent circular saw now?

Is dust collection really important to you?

If you have a good saw,and dust collection is not that important, then the EZ system should be given a hard look.

For me, I had a really crappy circular saw, and, in the Dungeon, dust collection is really important, so that swayed me to the Festool system. Was it expensive, you bet, but over a life time of use, it is not that expensive, IMHO, and every time I use the Festool system, I really enjoy it, and it puts a smile on my face.

BTW, if your circular saw has no DC port, they can often be modified to do a fairly decent job of getting the dust, not as good as a designed system, but still fairly good.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Good on ya Bart. I bought the Festool and couldn't believe how much better the guided system is. I'm sure you'll appreciate it.