You know these sanding pad things............
..... they are about $12 or $15 each, and when the one you are using comes apart, when you are just about finished power sanding something, what do you do??
Well, I fixed this one, but in doing so, I've come to the conclusion that I'll just make more of these, I'll not buy any.
Here is how I made this one again.
I started out with this stuff, the washer, threaded shaft,
and T-nut from the one that broke, two kinds of rubber padding,
some glue, and the piece with the Velcro attached to it from the busted pad.
I cut a piece of the harder rubber padding just slightly larger than the washer, and drilled a hole in it.
I used a drill bit that was the same size as the outside of the T-nut to enlarge the hole in the hard rubber pad
Next I put contact cement on the T-nut and the rubber pad
then I clamped it in the vice to get a good tight fit and to really press the T-nut into the pad.
the result is the T-nut is really embedded into the hard rubber pad.
next up, I put contact cement on the backside of the washer and on the pad, opposite of the T-nut.
I inserted the threaded shaft and tightened everything up snug.
For the second pad, I used some softer padding, this is actually the old mats I used on the floor, the stuff was originally acoustic noise dampening pad, but is works well for this. I also cut the Velcro pad off the old one, and glued it onto the very top. I then put it into the drill chuck on the lath, and got out my nice sharp 1/2" skew........looks kind of ratty now, but.........