Prunus bowl

Ad de Crom

Former Member (at his request)
Had first the intention to make a lidded bowl, but it warped a little bit, so than you never be able to make a nice fit of the lid. Okay than only a bowl, also nice.
Prunus is familiar with cherry, we call it ''steenkers''.
It's an inland woodspecies, grows in the province Limburg mostly.
Got it from a good friend.
I was already glad that it came out without a single crack, always a problem with this wood.
The bowl is 7'' in diameter and 4'' in height. Finished as usual with three layers blanc transparent stain.

Attachments

• 100_1554 - prunus bowl DxH 7''x4''.jpg
    100_1554 - prunus bowl DxH 7''x4''.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 40
Small low prunus bowl

This is what I made of what has to be the lid of the prunus bowl.
Low profile 7/8'' heigh, and 5'' diameter.
Good for peanuts or other tasty stuff.

Attachments

• 100_1556 - small low prunus bowl  DxH 5''.jpg
    100_1556 - small low prunus bowl DxH 5''.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 19
Nicely done Ad!

If it's like fruit woods over here.....nearly impossible to get them "crack free" .....I have been told several times if I develop a method of getting all fruitwoods crack free I could be a millionaire. It is a shame. The native woods here are nearly all coniferous. However, I live in an area that has a lot of developed orchards.....fruitwood is available.

Well done Ad! I find your information about the native wood you have interesting. It sounds like you have similar if not the same types we have here in the states.

Nice job, on both pieces, Ad...even if it wasn't what you started out to make. :thumb:

So you say there's a machine that prints the M&Ms? It's not some little old lady with a rubber stamp and white ink? :p