Thread: hey stu, i got a question about your "dungeon"

hey stu, i got a question about your "dungeon"

i was looking at your website and all the pics of your dungeon and one thing crossed my mind, im sure it may have been asked before but i got to know...

how do you get large objects like tools, large pieces of wood, finished projects, etc, in and out of the dungeon? all i saw was the little trap door entrance, is there another way in/out?
    Als ik kan

Nope that is it, my hatch. It does open up to 120 cm square, (just under 4' x4') when I need to open it that far. You would be surprised at how large a hole that actually is

I use gravity and an electric hoist on the way down, and just the electric hoist on the way up (have not figured out how to reverse the polarity on gravity yet).

Old DC going down the hatch......

Houston, we have touchdown!!

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    (have not figured out how to reverse the polarity on gravity yet).

Cheers!
    It's really easy Stu You just have to flip your house upside down then there is no problem getting things out of your basement.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

On a related door question... I see a door immediately behind the hatch... So do you get people tromping on the roof of your hatch all the time? I would think that could get annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    On a related door question... I see a door immediately behind the hatch... So do you get people tromping on the roof of your hatch all the time? I would think that could get annoying.
    I would if that door opened anymore

You will notice that there is no door knob on it.

You see, when the building was built, the code required a concrete wall between the parking area and the walking area, so we had two doors, one from the parking area into the buildings elevator room place, and one from the walking area to the elevator spot. Once the building inspectors had been paid off, ah..... I mean once they had left, the concrete wall was torn down, and the door was closed for the last time, not be opened again
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Stu said, in part, " (have not figured out how to reverse the polarity on gravity yet)."

When/if it is published, read my novel The New Rifleman. The process is fully explained.