and...................more bowls!

Finished these up in time for a small craft show this weekend. I'll post a pic or two of my booth later.....and yes, there is scrollsawn stuff too! I've got 100 ornaments and other fretwork things for sale!

Arky Walnut, 11 x 4 at wings, 1/4" walls........pics make it look thicker than it is. Minwax WOP for finish, then buffed. I think this is my best NE yet.

HPIM2123700x432.jpg

HPIM2119700x426.jpg

Poplar, 10 x 3 w/ 1/4" walls. MW WOP finish. This was from some rescued wood that'd been on the ground for 3 years. FULL of carpenter ants.

HPIM2100700x449.jpg

Box Elder, 8 x 3 w/ 1/4" walls. MW WOP finish. Wood from the yard.

HPIM2095700x563.jpg

Any and all comments/critiques welcomed!

Barry all of them look great! I'm with you...the walnut is the best! Well Done. :thumb:

BTW how was the poplar to turn? I might have the opportunity to grab some soon.

BTW how was the poplar to turn? I might have the opportunity to grab some soon.

Thanks Jeff. This poplar was a real pain as it had been on the ground awhile. This is the only piece I saved out of a 4' log. The solid portions turned well though:thumb:, there just weren't many. I'd grab as much as I could of green stuff.

That Mustard is starting to make some nice pieces for you there, Barry.
I really like all three of these bowls. :clap:

Great work Barry, especial the wallnut, that's a real beauty.
The boxelder is my second choice.
Ad :thumb:

Normally I'm a sucker for both NE and for walnut but this time I prefer the box elder. Lovely piece of wood and the simple design allows it to speak for itself. You guys get some really beautiful wood over there.

Pete

Here's a pic of the booth.

HPIM2124700x502.jpg

I had fun and did fairly well......., compared to the other vendors. Keep in mind there were 6 jewelry booths, the Come to your house and sell stuff crowd like Pampered Chef, etc, and about 12 dried floral arrrangements. I was next to the cloth shower curtain lady.................................

Didn't sell a single turning (LOTS of compliments), but the scroll work got me enough to cover this shows expenses and display materials and cover entry fees/insurance for www.phelpsmillfestival.com , that I just found out today that I am juried IN!!!

Very, VERY slow show. The vendors were all talking about how terrible the turnout was, shoulda seen it last year, blah, blah, blah. Best sellers were ornaments and Scripture Word Art (thank you Jeff Paxton).

Congrats on the successful show, and on getting juried into the next one. BTW, where'd you find that handsome young buck to work in your booth for you? :rofl: You're some old retired guy, right? :p