Thread: Quick & EZ Smart Table

Quick & EZ Smart Table

I had a piece of plywood just the right size in the storage shed & some 3/4"x3" plywood strips already ripped so I glued & pocked screwed them to the bottom of the top 2" in from the edges & ripped some 3/4" old AC into 3" strips for the sliding pieces. I figured they will be wasted so why get fancy. The straight pieces are a bit hard to slide but the corner pieces would fall out is I tipped the table. Over all not to bad though. It makes a 4'x5' top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EurekaZone  EZ Smart System 002.jpg  
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Bart, are the black strips some type of metal track? Looks like it should be a handy addition.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Interesting, Bart. I just ordered the parts to make mine yesterday. I plan on just putting mine across two sawhorses, instead of making a complete table, though.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

That's the set-up I've been using to break down sheet goods. It is surprisingly stable even when heaving MDF around on it.

One step closer!

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    The straight pieces are a bit hard to slide but the corner pieces would fall out is I tipped the table. Over all not to bad though. It makes a 4'x5' top.
    That's pretty much how mine is, except that I have 2 straight ones that like to fall out too. What I did was cut some small 1-1/2 L x 3/4 W x 1/2" T tabs from some scrap oak. I loosely attached them to one end of each slide, just above the slide with one screw. Flipped up, I can slide the slides in either direction. Flipped down they won't slide past the table.