Quick & EZ Smart Table

Bart Leetch

I had a piece of plywood just the right size in the storage shed & some 3/4"x3" plywood strips already ripped so I glued & pocked screwed them to the bottom of the top 2" in from the edges & ripped some 3/4" old AC into 3" strips for the sliding pieces. I figured they will be wasted so why get fancy. The straight pieces are a bit hard to slide but the corner pieces would fall out is I tipped the table. Over all not to bad though. It makes a 4'x5' top.

Attachments

• EurekaZone  EZ Smart System 002.jpg
    EurekaZone EZ Smart System 002.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 52
Interesting, Bart. I just ordered the parts to make mine yesterday. I plan on just putting mine across two sawhorses, instead of making a complete table, though.

That's the set-up I've been using to break down sheet goods. It is surprisingly stable even when heaving MDF around on it.

One step closer!

Wes

The straight pieces are a bit hard to slide but the corner pieces would fall out is I tipped the table. Over all not to bad though. It makes a 4'x5' top.

That's pretty much how mine is, except that I have 2 straight ones that like to fall out too. What I did was cut some small 1-1/2 L x 3/4 W x 1/2" T tabs from some scrap oak. I loosely attached them to one end of each slide, just above the slide with one screw. Flipped up, I can slide the slides in either direction. Flipped down they won't slide past the table.