Maple Burl HF

This one tested my nerve! Beautiful burl with everything - lots of color, curl, cracks, voids and bark inclusions!

Measures 4 ¾” high X 5 ½” diameter and slightly less than ¼” in thickness. Sanded to 400 grit with Watco ‘Natural’ as a finish.

Maple Burl HF V2.JPG

As always - your comments and critiques are appreciated.

Thanks for looking! :wave:

Absolutely beautiful, Steve!:thumb:

I've got to go find my Thesaurus. I'm getting sick of using the word beautiful when responding to your work photos but it seems to be the only word that fits!:dunno:

Thanks for sharing, Steve.:) :wave:

Absolutely beautiful, Steve!:thumb:

I've got to go find my Thesaurus. I'm getting sick of using the word beautiful when responding to your work photos but it seems to be the only word that fits!:dunno:

Thanks for sharing, Steve.:) :wave:

Steve, I agree with everything Gord said. Does it have a small foot on it? I like the way it almost looks to be floating. Well Done. :thumb:

Really nice piece. I can imagine that you needed somweething to calm your nerves after that one.

I remember reading somewhere a tip with pieces like this was to turn the outside and then to wrap parcel tape or masking tape aroound it when turning the inside, Haven't tried it mysself so don't know if it works but could be worth a go sometime.

Pete