island

tod evans

here`s an island i`m squirting now, took about 3-1/2 weeks to build.
top is a torsion box for a concrete countertop.

MVC-662S.JPG

MVC-663S.JPG

MVC-664S.JPG

Attachments

• MVC-661S.JPG
    MVC-661S.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 98
Geez Tod, what took you so long? Why even I could have turned that out in...:huh:....well, uh, er, maybe a year or so.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

A double WOW on that one, and I really like the panels. Did you do the Turnings also? The Fluting on them really sets them off.:thumb:

Very nice. Solid stance. Is the curved front veneered substrate or ?? Very masculine looking and must be going in a decent sized space. eh?

Hi Tod :wave:,
That is a great example of your work. :clap:
Just a couple questions.
What choice of wood for the base/columns/top banding did you use to accent that beautiful veneer? Nice placement of that, by the way.
Did you use the shaper or table saw on that hugh coved molding around the top? Would coved be the correct term?
It is a very handsome piece that needs something extra special for the top. Hope they make a selection that you like. Great job. Are you pleased with the way it turned out?
Shaz :)

thanks ya`ll!
norman, the turnings are off the shelf, i couldn`t spin `em and flute `em for the same money i could buy `em for:eek:
glenn, the burl is applied over a solid mahogany lamination.
shaz, all of the "show" wood is mahogany except the camphor burl. the cove was cut on the tablesaw......yup i think "cove is right?
thanks again!

Tod;
What a great piece :thumb:, Are you making cabinets for the Kitchen also, or matching some existing? Either way that is a great addition for any kitchen as long as it fits. Work like yours and many others on this forum sure inspires beginners like me. as said,:thumb::bow:

Tom

great island!!!

youve been suckin air again tod:rofl: that bag of yours has been busy. that is a very nice cabinet... you said you were busy,, now we see why! how are you gonna get it in the house that it wil reside in? got be one heavy cabinet.. and flat its not! i dont think you could do anything flat it would bore you:thumb::thumb: