Hello Everyone

Syd Lorandeau

Hi from Snowey NH,
Been tuned into this site for awhile and finally made my first post today..
Am semi-retired so get to put a little more time in the shop, which most people call a basement. Have played around with both flat and round things but the decision is usually made by the wood at hand.
Going to try getting an avatar (?) up next but I am better at woodworking then computer skills, so watch out.
Syd

Welcome Syd... my woodshop is also in the basement. Most important advice I can give you in that regard is setting up a serious dust collection system for EVERY piece of equipment that makes sawdust, and hang an air cleaner or two from the ceiling. Everything you do in the basement eventually gets up into the house. Either airborne, or just by tracking it up the stairs... it gets up there, and WILL be noticed by the non woodworkers (if any) upstairs.

Welcome Syd from one newbie to another. Love the truck! I too was working out of the basement. However when the furnace motor went on one of the coldest days of the winter and it was full of sawdust, my wife put her foot down and said I had to move the shop out of the house or give up on making sawdust. So I'm building a dedicated workshop. Everyone's happy except my bank account!! :D