Thread: Barracuda2 Chuck for sale

Barracuda2 Chuck for sale

I'm upgrading to a bigger lathe and this won't fit the 1.25x8 TPI spindle. I've used it for ~6 bowls. I use waste blocks now, so it hasn't seen much use recently. It's in perfect condition. Comes with everything listed here:

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/csc3000c.html

I paid $169, I'd like to get $149 out of it, but will consider offers based on the interest level.

Don't mean to rain on yer Easter parade, but do check out Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...arracuda+chuck

You might have to drop your price considerably to compete. BTW, you can buy adapters to make that chuck work on your lathe. PSI and Amazon have them at reasonable prices, about $15.00 to $20.00. Others sell for $40.00 to $60.00.

Amazon

Always nice to see a third party company selling products for less than than the originating comapany...!

Looks like $129 + free shipping is the new price.

To follow up on what Frank said, look here and you can buy an adapter for about $20 and use that chuck. The LA11418 is the adapter I think you want. It'll let you use your old faceplates, also.

You can never have too many chucks.

Mike
    Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

You guys might be on to something... I can buy an adapter, keep the chuck, and buy another one too! I likes it..!

Just my opinion, but if I was buying a new chuck, I'd get one I could mount on the spindle without an adapter. The reason is that the more "stuff" you use with the chuck, the more chance for runout (not spinning true). I'd use the adapter for the chuck you have, but I wouldn't buy another one to use with the adapter. At least not before I tried working with the adapter with the chuck I had to see if there were any issues.

Mike
    Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Runout

Yeah -- that was my fear for using an adapter with the chuck I have, but I suppose I could get a 'big' chuck at the 1.25"x8 TPI for use with big turnings, and keep this one around (along with the faceplates I have) for smaller-medium stuff.

Thanks for the advice.