They have started hatching.

chas, as usual your work is first class. i particularly like the cherry one with contrasting wood. no chance the laburnum parts in a toothpick case could poison anyone???:rofl:

chas, as usual your work is first class. i particularly like the cherry one with contrasting wood. no chance the laburnum parts in a toothpick case could poison anyone???:rofl:

Yes I prefer contrasts, and more distinctive grain patterns, I have managed it in some previous ones but "orders is orders" so have to use specific tree/wood as requested by customer.

As for the Laburnum if they decide to chew my hard won masterpiece :) then :dunno:, (the laburnum is coated in a melamine lacquer as a precaution)

..... Sounds like you've already got them sold, too. Bonus!

Yes Vaughn, they and any others I produce in the near future it would seem, unfortunately as you guys will appreciate they are never going to be a big earner on a manual lathe setup if you count the hours required to produce, even if you set up a batch process, particularly as they have to come from green wood in the first place, the anti spill mod. adds 20% to the work input.

But I get the satisfaction of creation & the opportunity to bask in the knowledge that others think my work good enough to compliment their business model.