Thread: I was out shooting pictures last night

I was out shooting pictures last night

Here is just a few. Help I need a hand tool case.

I think I must of caught some kind of bug.

I figure if I build a saw or plane till its plane it will only be big enough till I bring home another plane or saw.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old hand tools 005.jpg   Old hand tools 006.jpg   Old hand tools 007.jpg   Old hand tools 008.jpg   Old hand tools 009.jpg  

Old hand tools 011.jpg   Old hand tools 012.jpg   Old hand tools 022.jpg   Old hand tools 024.jpg  
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 03-23-2008 at 08:40 PM.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

"I think I must of caught some kind of bug."

Bart,

You ain't joking. All those people who tell me *I'm* crazy, I'm just going to point them to this page!

Cool stuff! I'm going to be wanting one of those spokeshaves!

Thanks,

Bill

you dun retired aint ya!

and are hittin evry garage sale estate sale and anything that looks old comes home with ya,, that or there was a couple dozen woodworkers near you that just passed and you got the stash from old... great showing there bart can smell um as i sit here drueling
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

That's quita a collection, Bart. I'm betting there are some old guys somewhere out there smiling with the knowledge that their old tools are still used and appreciated.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Nice looking plow plane...among many I may add, but that one really caught my eye. I saw one in an antique shop and the guy wanted 55 dollars for it and it had a broken blade.I thought that was steep and passed on it. Maybe it was worth it, maybe not, but I left his shop empty-handed.

Nice collection. Seems like you have a lot of stuff from the mid-30's to more modern times. Definitely a lot of 1950's era stuff. As I said, nice, nice collection.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

If all the other main parts on the plane were there & in good shape it was worth it. You can always keep your eyes open & buy blades.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Yeah I figured that, but I thought 55 bucks for a broken plane was a bit high. If it was35 or so I might have gone for it.

Another shop by me, Liberty Tool, has a nice shop of old tools, but the guy really knows his stuff. You are going to get a fair price I suppose, but don't plan on walking out of there with a collectible Stanley #140 lets say, and pay 10 bucks for it. He knows what he has and what it is worth.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"