I was out shooting pictures last night

Bart Leetch

Here is just a few. Help I need a hand tool case.

I think I must of caught some kind of bug.

I figure if I build a saw or plane till its plane it will only be big enough till I bring home another plane or saw.....

Attachments

• Old hand tools 005.jpg
    Old hand tools 005.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Old hand tools 006.jpg
    Old hand tools 006.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Old hand tools 007.jpg
    Old hand tools 007.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Old hand tools 008.jpg
    Old hand tools 008.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Old hand tools 009.jpg
    Old hand tools 009.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Old hand tools 011.jpg
    Old hand tools 011.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Old hand tools 012.jpg
    Old hand tools 012.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Old hand tools 022.jpg
    Old hand tools 022.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 38
  • Old hand tools 024.jpg
    Old hand tools 024.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
"I think I must of caught some kind of bug."

Bart,

You ain't joking. All those people who tell me *I'm* crazy, I'm just going to point them to this page! ;)

Cool stuff! I'm going to be wanting one of those spokeshaves! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

you dun retired aint ya!

and are hittin evry garage sale estate sale and anything that looks old comes home with ya,, that or there was a couple dozen woodworkers near you that just passed and you got the stash from old... great showing there bart can smell um as i sit here drueling:thumb::thumb:

That's quita a collection, Bart. I'm betting there are some old guys somewhere out there smiling with the knowledge that their old tools are still used and appreciated.

Nice looking plow plane...among many I may add, but that one really caught my eye. I saw one in an antique shop and the guy wanted 55 dollars for it and it had a broken blade.I thought that was steep and passed on it. Maybe it was worth it, maybe not, but I left his shop empty-handed.

Nice collection. Seems like you have a lot of stuff from the mid-30's to more modern times. Definitely a lot of 1950's era stuff. As I said, nice, nice collection.

Yeah I figured that, but I thought 55 bucks for a broken plane was a bit high. If it was35 or so I might have gone for it.

Another shop by me, Liberty Tool, has a nice shop of old tools, but the guy really knows his stuff. You are going to get a fair price I suppose, but don't plan on walking out of there with a collectible Stanley #140 lets say, and pay 10 bucks for it. He knows what he has and what it is worth.