After seeing how Niki did a similar project, I took some of the elements of his design and applied it to this.
It started like as a folding clamping table from Lowes, and when both handles for the clamps broke, I decided it was time to repurpose it...
Feel free to check out the rest of the pics in the gallery.
I started with a whole bunch of ideas that culminated in what you see above. Here is a listing of some of the parts used and rough costs-
- Plywood and MDF for table $30 - $40 (Yeah I know I took a bath on these due to buying smaller precut panels)
- Aluminum Miter track - ~$24 (woodcraft store – Clearwater)
- Small knob set (4 or 6 in the bag) - ~$15 (woodcraft store – Clearwater)
- Kreg mini track 4’ (bought 2, but have only used one so far) - $20 ea (woodcraft store – Clearwater)
- CamLock bolts 2ea- $6 ea (woodcraft store – Clearwater) I bought the last two on the shelf
- Rossaeu Router Plate - ~$30 (woodcraft store – Clearwater)
- Rossaeu centering kit - ~$5 (woodcraft store – Clearwater)
- Aluminum L bracket 4’ - ~$25
This doesn’t necessarily include some of the tooling up that I justified under the guise of this project to enable me to complete other things.
Rabit router bit set, Spiral flute router bit, and a few other things that I cannot recall.