Specialty SkethUp Woodworking Forum

Jerry Palmer

Hope it is OK to post this here. The SketchUp Community Forum is a non-commercial place supported mostly by member donations and has lots of folks giving their time and knowledge freely and for free.

The SketchUp Community Forum has added some specialty forums, including one for woodworking. While it is still a good idea to look through other stuff there, having a place where woodworking SketchUp users can congregate is pretty cool. You gotta sign up then go to the users menu to join the specialty groups.

Where did the WW forum go

The first time I tried the link I found the woodworking sub forum now it seems to be missing??

Keith

It is one of those forums that you have to select in your profile stuff. It was set up to not show otherwise. I don't believe you'll see it if you aren't logged in.

If that forum gets going we could probably delete all references to SketchUp from this one, huh? I expect there's a member or two who would actually like that.

It is one of those forums that you have to select in your profile stuff. It was set up to not show otherwise. I don't believe you'll see it if you aren't logged in.

If that forum gets going we could probably delete all references to SketchUp from this one, huh? I expect there's a member or two who would actually like that.

I deleted my cookies the other day from the box of rocks at home and neglected to sign in over there. All of the specialty forums showed up as available until I signed in. Then only the ones I subscribed to were visible.

As to taking SketchUp stuff away from here, I don't think that would be good. SketchUp opens the world of design to the masses, and it does it for free for those who don't want or need the little extra that the pay version provides. I don't know what the animosity is toward it, but I have definitely witnessed it. For me it has been the key to actually planning stuff out rather than maybe doing a real basic hand drawing, then winging it as I go for all of the inside stuff like joinery. I don't mind doing detailed drawings of stuff as long as I don't have to fight the software to do it.

There is NO reason to remove this sub forum from the FWW site. I suspect that there are a select few (if any that will admit it) that find this thread annoying. To them I say, stay out for the sub forum and you will be happier. The SketchUp forum should stay so that others can enjoy and learn as well as exchange ideas.