Thread: If your using the Worksharp 3000

Oak Harbor Washington on Whidbey Island

If your using the Worksharp 3000

But not using their proprietary abrasives what are you using & how are you sticking it to the glass plate?

"Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

3M 77 Adhesive...

Spray it on, let it sit for a few minutes then come back and apply your sandpaper. I use it all the time at work to stick sandpaper to whatever I need to sand the places I need to get to. Aluminum rod, aluminum plate, etc...The stuff will stick sand paper to anything...even glass.

If you have a hard time removing the old sand paper, 3M Citrus Adhesive Remover is great too. I have both cans will reach of me at all times at work.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Austin TX

I purchased some 6" self-adhesive sand paper from HD and the only thing I had to do was punch a hole in the middle so the glass platen could be attached. main reason I tried this was I needed some paper with larger grit than was in stock for the Worksharp at Woodcraft. Worked fine. Less expensive, too.
    Lee Laird
    Austin TX

Oceanside, So. Calif. 5 mi. to the ocean

WS 3000 leather strop

I made a disc from 1/2" mdf. Then I sprayed on some adhesive. And then I applied a leather disc. And then I applied some oil. And then I applied some zinc oxide. Vola! a leather strop.

The mdf is plenty true for the (approx. 3/32" thick) leather.

I also applied a coarser grit abrasive disc to the 1/2" mdf for the same reason; could not find source for 6" disk abrasive in the range I wanted.

I am using more abrasive than I should because people keep coming to get their tools sharpened. It is sort of like having a swimming pool...the people keep a comin'. Maybe I should purchase disks wholesale and sell time on my WorkSharp.

First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.