Ugliest tree in the world and.......

Or you could just cut every tree in town with a burl, but that would take years and up there you more than likely would get shot.

Very, very likely. The word on the hill is, the Birds Eye Maple hunters...the ones that come in and strip the bark back on the maple Trees to see if it is Birds Eye maple or not did not fare so good when the local landowners caught up with them one night. Seems they left a lot of dead maples in their quest for Birds Eye...to the chagrin of the landowners naturally.:eek:

His yard might be 400 acres but all you have to do is look for the saw.:thumb:

And to top it off if you stop and ask them at the dinner where he lives you just knocked out the other thousands of acres in town.

So you have been here before huh? That is just about the truth. My parents took care of foster kids and one set of parents decided to try and kidnap their kids back. They got as far as the local store, but the store called us, and then the police and would not tell them where we lived.

If all of us get together, there is something like 52 of us out of 350 people in this town. Since only 125 or so go to town meeting every March, we can kind of sway the vote every year when it comes to town meeting so that is nice. Still I think I could walk from one end of town to the other, and with the exception of a few acres, be able to walk on family land. This town is 52 square miles in size, so that kind of tells you how many acres we own.

got the wood today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went and got the wood today. The owner orginally thought I was out of my mind wanting that tree. However, he is a talented knife maker and knows fancy woods. When he cut into it he had second thoughts and realized there was a lot of fancy grain in there. I ended up with about a fourth of the tree. Still a lot of wood. And it will be fancy.

Attachments

• redbud wood.jpg
    redbud wood.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 33