Oliver 20 lathe

Jeff Bower

I wonder what this will end up going for? Currently the high bid is $152.50...I think another digit will be added before the auction is over. eBay link

6430_1.JPG

Even at that price it would be well worth it. Lathes have a bad reputation of "being out", but a quick simple way to get them back is to reweld the head jaws and then rebore them using the tailstock.

Well, it's up to $262.50 now, but the crating and shipping alone to West Texas, (to a freight dock), no residential, would be over $2,350.:eek: Heck, that's more than we used to get for a whole truck load of goods Grossed out to 80,000 lbs, (about 42,000 payload). Sounds like "Hot Shot" delivery prices to me.:huh::dunno: Nice unit, but I guess I'd have to live in St. Louis and make a local pickup to afford that one.:rolleyes::D

Well its up to 750 bucks now, but it would be 2750 for shipping for me. If we used our truck (Western Star) which gets about a dollar per mile at these fuel rates (4 mpg) then it would cost me 2802 to pick it up, not counting food or my time. :(

That makes the shipping a good deal, but I guess I will just have to pass on this one :)

Someone got a great deal on this one....$1675.00 was the final price. :eek:

Hope it wasn't bought for scrap, I thought it would go for much more than that.