Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Ben Werner

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Welcome Ben Werner

Glad to see you finaly made it, we need someone to keep Mark Rios in check..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Hey Ben, how you doin' young man. Very nice ta see ya over here. Show us your turnings.
    Thanks, Mark.

Custom Bonehead.

My diet is working good. I'm down to needing just one chair now.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin

Welcome Ben, hope you enjoy.

Hi Ben, I see you got here finally. Welcome. PS did you do your homework?

Thanks!
    still havent gotten my email working though... long story.... i think i'll make a poll

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Werner View Post
    Thanks!
    still havent gotten my email working though... long story.... i think i'll make a poll
    You should be good to go now, Ben. Check your User CP.

thank you very very much Vaughn!!!!!!!!!

you might need to wait a bit for my turnings.... I havent had much time with school and such I was able to rough out some bowls over the past few weeks and stuck em in dna and now theyre drying... I might use one of the bowl blanks that Barry Stratton sent me the other day though....

talking of Barry can I invite him and a few other(more like 10) turners? Vaughn do you want a list of their names to give em a background check before I invite them? ???

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Werner View Post
    thank you very very much Vaughn!!!!!!!!!

you might need to wait a bit for my turnings.... I havent had much time with school and such I was able to rough out some bowls over the past few weeks and stuck em in dna and now theyre drying... I might use one of the bowl blanks that Barry Stratton sent me the other day though....

talking of Barry can I invite him and a few other(more like 10) turners? Vaughn do you want a list of their names to give em a background check before I invite them? ???

Ben I'm not Vaughn but as far as I am concerned invite anyone you want this is a woodworkers foum and if they're interestested in woodworking there welcome here... imho
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Welcome Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Ben I'm not Vaughn but as far as I am concerned invite anyone you want this is a woodworkers forum and if they're interested in woodworking there welcome here... imho
    And I'll second what Uncle Don says
    ESPECIALLY Barry Stratton, he is REALLY good people!

I'm a turner too, of sorts so the more of us spinny types here the better

One point, if you invite some guys, tell them to put your name in the "Referrer" spot on the registration sign up thing, this will flag them for possible trouble and give us a heads up.......... whoops........... ah, I meant to say ....... this will flag them as people you invite, and they will get activated that much sooner

Seriously, if the guys you invite put your name in the "referrer" slot, then it makes it a simple "Friend of Ben W, activate the account now" kind of thing.

Can't wait to see some of your turnings, I've heard you do very well!

Cheers!