YAHOO! Anyone wanna like new Ridgid RAS? (Maxi Gloat)

Don Taylor

Former Member (by the member's request)
I just put in my PRE-order for the July 1st delivery of the ....

Kapex KS 120 Sliding Compound Mitre Saw

http://www.bobmarinosbesttools.com/

Uncle Bob says they don't have any of the numbers for the accessories yet so I have plenty of time to mortgage the house.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And I now have a RAS for sale. :huh: :dunno: ;) :laugh2:

DT

Last edited:
Preliminary Congrats. Don. :thumb:

Good to see you post, too. I was think earlier today that I hadn't seen much of you lately. ;)

Festool had not come out with a new tool lately! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

All kidding aside - nice gloat Don.......uh..... pictures are on the way?:dunno:

Festool had "Three" new tools.

1.) The MFT/3 which is lighter, shorter and has a thinner table top than the MFT 1080 .... for more money. The fact that an - Optional Support Cross Members For Additional Stability- is available, tells me I already have the better table. And, what exactly ARE those - New V-Groove Profile For Adapting "Future Accessories?"

2.) The MODULAR ROUTER MFK 700 a trim router that probably won't do anything that I can't do with my Plunge router OF 1400 EQ and/or Bosch Colt.
But for for close to $1000, (with accessories) I could have the Festool logo on my trim router? I have no doubt the router is better than the colt but the price borders on ridiculous even for Festool.

3.) And the ROUTER OF 2200 I would have to chain it down to crank it up. It's as big as I am. :rofl: This one starts at $800 and could go to $1500 with accessories.

Oh yeah, lots of pictures.

I have been waiting for the Kapex. Not only will it clear up a lot of space but it will add more possibilities.
I'll make a FULL report on the dust collection!

DT

Preliminary Congrats. Don. :thumb:

Good to see you post, too. I was think earlier today that I hadn't seen much of you lately. ;)

I started to make a post here Vaughn but I'll make a new post to let you all know what has been going on....

DT

I cant believe you have the you-know-whats to post about getting a new Kapex..even before you get a new Kapex... Man, Don, this is cruel! :doh: More than cruel....:bang:

http://www.bobmarinosbesttools.com/...d=bb6c5143b5669ace7b6af4795c523a3d&pid=561287

I have thought about selling my Delta RAS, my Craftsman RAS, my Delta 12" bandsaw, my Delta 703 Miter saw (with accessories) and... my Delta 400A DC system...but would still come up several hundred short of what I would need to get a Kapex! But, from everything I've seen and read...it's quite a performer...as well as slick looking! :thumb:

Congrats, but please don't post pics. Just keep quiet and stay in your shop, OK? :rolleyes:

:rofl:

:clap:

Last edited:
I cant believe you have the you-know-whats to post about getting a new Kapex..even before you get a new Kapex... Man, Don, this is cruel! :doh: More than cruel....:bang:

http://www.bobmarinosbesttools.com/...d=bb6c5143b5669ace7b6af4795c523a3d&pid=561287

I have thought about selling my Delta RAS, my Craftsman RAS, my Delta 12" bandsaw, my Delta 703 Miter saw (with accessories) and... my Delta 400A DC system...but would still come up several hundred short of what I would need to get a Kapex! But, from everything I've seen and read...it's quite a performer...as well as slick looking! :thumb:

Congrats, but please don't post pics. Just keep quiet and stay in your shop, OK? :rolleyes:

:rofl:

:clap:

I been good? :eek:

DT

Man, that is one heck of a saw, and it had better be for the price :D

Not for everyone, but what the hey, if you can afford it, I'm VERY sure you will enjoy the heck out of it :thumb:

My good old Hitachi C8FB SCMS's bearings gave up the ghost last night :doh:

Thoughts of a new SCMS entered my head, but.......... for about $10 in bearings I'll have the old saw back in working order, better than ever, so :dunno:

Can't wait to hear your review of the new saw Don!

Don, I had really been wondering why you had been so quiet lately,:huh::dunno: (and almost sent you a PM to a couple of days ago check on you), but NOW I understand, you have just been trying to get your breath back and get over the dizzy spell you got from looking at the Festool Trim Router Price.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

A BIG congrats on the Kapex,:congrats: I KNOW you're going to get a LOT of enjoyment out of it.:thumb:

PS: I noticed in the Specs that it will cut something 120 mm tall, but it doesn't say how wide it will cut something laying flat. ?????? (just curious)

Last edited: