Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to stop lurking..Hi everyone!

Lived in Michigan until I retired in Mexico. Build furniture for use. If I need it I build it.

Time to stop lurking..Hi everyone!

Been lurking long enough. This is one fantistic board, almost afraid to join with all the talent I view on this board. I'm a retired truck driver (hauled cars for 32 years) but alway loved to work with wood. Never got the time to do much though. Then things happened, got a divorce, back went bad, retired and moved to Mexico. Met another lady here, (she only had seven nino's - busy girl). Until a month ago didnt have a router, bandsaw, the table saw was home built, but needed much furniture, so just built and put into use. Most of it came out pretty good. Wood is not popular down here, and rather expensive, not many woodworkers around. Ply comes from South America and is pretty cheap stuff. All of the projects I do are with pine, very good pine I think, seems much harder than what I worked with in Michigan, and usually planed to around 7/8 ". Just recently bought a cheap Roybi table saw and a nice router, belt sander, cir. saw. Wanting to get more accurate at things I make. check my website I'm on the second page in a green shirt helping one of the ninos sand a table, you'll also see my home made table saw and rough tools. Jerry

Tokyo Japan
    Welcome to the Family Gerald!

While you may not have easy access to the tools or wood, it looks like you are enjoying yourself and making some nice stuff!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Hi Gerald, wellcome to the family. Saw your website, and some very nice stuff.

ABQ NM
    Welcome aboard, Gerald. 'Bout time you spoke up. Don't hesitate to jump into the mix whenever you feel like it.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Welcome aboard, Gerald.

DSM, IA
    Gerald, welcome to the Family
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Kansas City, Missouri
    Welcome to the family Gerald!

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

hi gerald!
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Houston, Texas
    Hi Gerald ,
    Nice to have you in here sharing. It is good for all!
    Don't sweat the small stuff, it is not your talents that make you welcome, it is your interest in the wood. Nice photos, thanks!
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Here is how

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    Welcome Gerald.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke