My Small Shop

Mike Olson

This is a couple pictures of my 1 1/2 car detached garage.

The Garage is used more for storage of my wife and kids stuff then for my Shop, but it's all I have.:dunno:

The first picture shows my workbench in the back left corner behind the wicker furniture. The second picture shows my cut table folded up and leaning up against the patio furniture. When it gets warm enough to bring out all the outside furniture I'll have enough room to start putting a finish on my kids playtable and work on a couple other projects I have been waiting on.

Mike

Attachments

• Shop1.jpg
    Shop1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 265
  • Shop2.jpg
    Shop2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 230
The Garage is used more for storage of my wife and kids stuff then for my Shop, but it's all I have.:dunno:

Mike
I know what you mean. Believe me, I've been there. In fact, I have a 2 car garage shop that I share with the washer and dryer, storage, water heater, furnace, and the back of the fireplace. It still gets crowded and there are times I can't work because someting is being 'stored' on top of my workbench.

Now, let's see some projects coming out of that shop..... once the weather changes.:eek:

Projects

I think I got my signature working now.

Below should be a link to my tiny little web site that has a couple projects I have recently finished. Yes, they were built in this shop.

I have been on a couple other woodworking & DIY sites, but this one seems to be a better fit for what I have been producing lately.

Mike

Mike,

Welcome!
Looks like a "cozy" shop...:D

Your table is interesting... :thumb:
Any detail pics and explanation you can post for us?

Thanks!

Basically it's four 2x4's and some folding table legs I got from Home Depot.

Cut two of the 2x4's into thirds. Create a frame using 2 full lengh 2x4's and two of the cut pieces on edge.
The four remaining cut pieces will lay on their sides flat along the top. Space them out so they are directly over where the Leg supports need to be.
When you fold down the legs, the table is no thicker than a 2x4. I use this to cut plywood on and for an assembly table for those big pieces.

The table legs cost me more than the wood. Once I cut up the top with my circular saw to the point it's not very usable, I will simply move the legs and their supports to the other side and flip the whole thing over. once that side is used up, I just need to buy 4 more 2x4's

I built this specifically to make my kids playtable which has 3 full sheets of plywood in it and this stood up fine to all the cutting and the weight durring assembly.

Welcome to the family Mike. Might be small, but it's yours. I'm sure it beats the days when I had to work on stuff out on the balcony of my old apartment. Didn't have much more than a jig saw, screw drivers, and hammer at that time.

That is almost the same situation as my own.i have a 2 car garage and one WHOLE side is mine but my poor car is outside.Hope to post some pics as soon as I get a chance .