PowerMatic Sander...Is this a good deal?

Greg Cook

I've been looking for an oscillating spindle sander and came across this one:

PowerMatic Model 14
ALMOST NEW SANDER COMES WITH 5 SPINDLES 5.75L X (.25; .50; 1.50; 2.0; 3.0), 4 TABLE INSERTS AND EXTRA PACKAGES OF UNUSED SANDING SLEEVES. 1/2 HP; 110V; TABLE TILTS 0-45; 4" DUST PORT.

The guy is local, seems really nice, has other PowerMatic tools he uses, and the unit seems clean. I need to stop by on Wed afternoon and buy or pass...

This unit isn't produced anymore, but there is a Jet model replacement that goes for $349 on Amazon, with no extra sanding sleeves. He's asking $245.
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Wish I could help you Greg. Don't know it's value. I do have it's older brother, still green and 220 volts, a floor model. It is rather great for what it will do.
Shaz :)

I would be ALL over that. That's a dang good pirce. The powermatic should fetch a good 500 new, i'd bet. Man ... if that were just a few hours south ... very nice machines.

One thing that's nice too is it comes with the 3" spindle... From what I've read, the larger spindles get used quite a bit of the time...keeps the smaller ones from "grooving" the straighter boards.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks