Foldable Cut Table

Mike Olson

I use this cut table to cut all of my plywood to the exact size using my circular saw and a straight edge. Cutting of course is fairly distructive to the table but it's cheap and the badly cut up pieces can be flipped over or swapped with other pieces.

It folds flat and can be hung on a wall using ladder hangers. "which I plan on doing once I can reach a wall in my garage.:rolleyes:

edit: It's 8' long by 35" wide. It uses 4 - 2x4's and two folding table legs.

Mike

Attachments

• Cut Table.jpg
    Cut Table.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Cut Table Cut.jpg
    Cut Table Cut.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Cut Table Legs.jpg
    Cut Table Legs.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Nice idea, Mike. Looks handy for sure.

I had a pair of the banquet table legs that I moved from house to house for about 15 years and I never found a use for them. I threw them away before my last move. I had no idea at the time that I'd get back into woodworking and that my current house would end up having space for a shop. :doh:

Great job Mike. :thumb:

Those come in mighty handy.

ClampRack_021.jpg

I did pick up a set of legs for mine but I don't have the floor space to leave it set up nor the gumption to take it on and off a hanger. (Not to mention not enough wall space. :huh:)

So.... I decided to experiment with hanging it overhead and just drop it down onto saw horses.

100_2505.jpg

I intend to install four eye hooks in that piece of plywood to lift it higher with a permanent cradle.

Speaking of that piece of plywood, I found that if I rested the frame on the plywood leaving ten inches to a foot open on both long sides, I have a tool trough that allows me to keep tools handy and still allow a project to slide back and forth.
The open areas allow me to use "F" clamps to secure a board to the frame and work on the ends with the DowelMax, chisel etc.

100_1710-1.jpg

My saw horses are short so I can sit down to work when I need to.

You will invent many things to use that frame for. Its quite handy.

100_1711-1.jpg

DT

Last edited: