Idea For a SketchUp Tutorial?

Dave Richards

A friend of mine has been working on an Adirondack chair and asked me how to place the slats easily. I got to wondering if this is the sort of thing others might be interested in. If there is, I'll do up a tutorial.

Attachments

• w-adirondack-1.jpg
    w-adirondack-1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 35
Another yes here. I'm thinking there is an easier way to equally space multiple items than the method I am using.

Another yes here. I'm thinking there is an easier way to equally space multiple items than the method I am using.

If it is taking you more than a minute or so to do however many you need, then there is a much quicker way. A tutorial is definitely in order.

Dave, I rolled my mouse pointer all over that PETAC banner and couldn't find a link hdden anywhere. Where does one go to sign up for that? :rofl:

Last edited:
A yes vote comes from me. I have another project in mind as well. I have space for a 36'x72' workshop. I am going to need some drawings, plat plans etc for the permits so I am going to have to learn this sketchup thing. It will have a three car garage, office, storage, restroom and main shop floor areas. Any thoughts are gratefully appreciated.

adirondack

Dave it would be much appreciated. It was tough to do with a different adirondack chair design I submitted previously below to this forum. It has a different style and has a three axis alignment adjustments on the seat back pieces.
Thanks
Irv

Attachments

• achair build2.jpg
    achair build2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 13
Thank you Dave :thumb:,
Your creativity and willingness to share are unsurpassed.
Although I don't understand the slide show, it gives me a wonderful appreciation for your storehouse of knowledge.
Lack of participation does not mean you cannot emerge the winner.:thumb:
Shaz :)