Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well we did it!!!

Well we did it!!!

The LOML & I celebrated 25 years of happy marriage today. We went off the island & went shopping & to lunch & dinner.

She got sewing/cross stitch/knitting /clothes etc.

I got a few odds & ends at Grizzly i.e. crank handles for a couple of machines, 9" sanding disks, 2'x3' router pad , rabbiting bit with extra bearings. At Hardware Sales & got a 6" 60 grit white grinding wheel.

At Costco we got a memory foam mattress topper for the bed & a 4 in 1 HP printer.

We just had a great time & enjoyed being together.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Congratulations, Bart on your 25 years. LOML and I celebrated our first 25 years in March - four weeks ago, as a matter of fact.
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Congrats to both of you. Bart. Here's to the next 25. Sounds like a successful supplies run for both of you, too.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Congratulations on a significant milestone! Here's to another 25 years. *clink*

I really admire couples who can make it last. What's your advice to those of us in the "minor leagues"?

--MJ
    "We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time."--Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Isles View Post

I really admire couples who can make it last. What's your advice to those of us in the "minor leagues"?

--MJ
    I think it has to do with what we believe & commitment.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Congrats to you and the LOYL Bart!
    Ken
    ------

Congrats Bart, I hope you have at least another 25
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Isles View Post

--MJ
    I'm in the minor leagues myself MJ, but I just consider that a false start. Either way I have always said "being married sucks, but its better then being single."

All kidding aside, Congratulations Bart.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Congratulations Bart

Hope you and the Mrs. have another 25.

DT

congrats BART

on the first 25yrs and its pretty clear that you got another 25 in ya! attitude is a major part of gettin that far. its process of knocking off the high points like sanding a piece of wood after awhile its gets smoother... 34yrs of smoothing so far.. and believe me i had and still got some rough edges
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!