Well we did it!!!

Bart Leetch

The LOML & I celebrated 25 years of happy marriage today. We went off the island & went shopping & to lunch & dinner.

She got sewing/cross stitch/knitting /clothes etc.

I got a few odds & ends at Grizzly i.e. crank handles for a couple of machines, 9" sanding disks, 2'x3' router pad , rabbiting bit with extra bearings. At Hardware Sales & got a 6" 60 grit white grinding wheel.

At Costco we got a memory foam mattress topper for the bed & a 4 in 1 HP printer.

We just had a great time & enjoyed being together.:):D:wave:

Congrats to both of you. Bart. :congrats: Here's to the next 25. Sounds like a successful supplies run for both of you, too.

Congratulations on a significant milestone! Here's to another 25 years. :) *clink*

I really admire couples who can make it last. What's your advice to those of us in the "minor leagues"?

--MJ :congrats:

I'm in the minor leagues myself MJ, but I just consider that a false start. :rofl::rofl::rofl:Either way I have always said "being married sucks, but its better then being single.":thumb:

All kidding aside, Congratulations Bart.

congrats BART

on the first 25yrs and its pretty clear that you got another 25 in ya! attitude is a major part of gettin that far. its process of knocking off the high points like sanding a piece of wood after awhile its gets smoother... 34yrs of smoothing so far.. and believe me i had and still got some rough edges;)

Congrats Bart. :wave:

LOML will celebrate 28 years in November. It's become a tradition with us, starting back around year 5, that we look at each other and ask, "Well, do you want to sign on for another year". The answer, of course, has been yes and I don't forsee that changing.

Karl

Congratulations Bart on 25 years together. My FIL tells me the second 25 is better than the first. Now that my wife and I have kinda settled down and gotten "used" to each other :doh:, I think he has a point.

Speaking of committment, it's a sad commentary, but when I told somebody at work the other day that I'll have 29 years of marraige under my belt this coming June, her response was "to the same woman?" Sheeeeesh. I told her the way I've stayed married as long as I have was a rather simple concept, expect to give at LEAST as much as you plan to get... if BOTH have that mindset, you're there, for life.