GLOAT! Back in the saddle!

Gord Rock

It's been about six weeks since I last turned anything because my doctor told me my allergies to wood were affecting me too severely. I ordered a Trend Airshield and it finally arrived today. It took a lot longer than I had hoped it would. Thanks, Canada Customs!:(

Well, it's here now and here is a photo to prove it!:wave:
Trend.jpg

While I waited for it to arrive I took a little time and built a sharpening station for my grinder and Tormek to sit on. I put some drawers in it and a few sliding doors on the bottom behind which I have a couple of shelves. Nothing fancy but I should be set for storage for most of my turning tools and supplies for quite awhile. Color me pleased!:D
Sharpening.jpg

Now I can't wait for Sunday as it will be the first day I'll have a chance to get back to the shop and start learning the turning all over again.:D :dunno:

Good for you!

I now wear my Triton power respirator just about all the time that I turn, makes it just that much nicer, not breathing in that dust, and the full face protection is good. One other thing I've found that is good about the Triton, the hood on the unit, comes down low enough to just about eliminate any chips from going down my collar! :thumb:

I'm sure you will enjoy the Trend!

Congrats Gord. You won't regret it. It made a night and day difference in my turning. I hang mine by the door and it goes on when I walk in to turn. Have had breathing problems since. I did order another battery so I could have a fresh one if one went down so I didn't have to stop turning.

Congrats, Gord. I think you'll be real happy with the Trend. I like the fact that my Trend doesn't fog up the way my plain faceshield does.

The new cabinet/sharpening station looks real good, too. Looking forward to seeing some new work, off the lathe.

Gentlemen,

What do you guys do about noise abatement when you're wearing one of those? Can you you it in combination with noise canceling headphones?

Thanks,

Bill

Noise abatement?....I'm usually rocking to the Beatles...Three Dog Night......THe Eagles......Fleetwood Mac.......60's era rock-n-roll when I'm turning. My lathe really doesn't make that much noise.