new member in texas

Well, since I have an interest in coffee machines, I tried to look this lapavoni up, but couldn't find the same one. This is as close as I could get:

http://www.lapavoni.com/model.asp?line=domestic&id=31

Doorlink, of course, has cool kitchen devices... whenever she gives me too much trouble about tools, I just point out the coffee machine we have... at which time he points out that we got it remaindered, on sale, as a floor model:

http://www.frenchdirectors.com/index.php/movie;view;rebeccablake;QzsxOzI4MzM7MQ==/

I'd just as soon have a piston driven one, but there's nothing for it.... ;)

thanks,

Bill

Man, took you long enough to join up here... His shop is the antithesis of mine (you'll notice missing from his tool list is anything that resembles a dust collector,) but way cool in its own right, and his furniture is even nicer when you are up on it. It sure will be nice to have his expertise and experience across the alley, not to mention when I run out of beans for my espresso machine. :)

Hi Alex :wave:,
Glad to have you join in :thumb:. Your machine inventory is quite impressive as are your projects. Look forward to your input and your advice. Welcome to this place. Glad you will have such good company close by. I think Sam's a good one!
Don't let the "young pups :D" disturb you with their obsession to collect dust. There are a hundred other things more worthwhile collecting than dust.:rofl:
Shaz :)

Welcome Alex!

Though I have an Italian b/s I haven't quite got into expresso yet. Over the years I've become alergic to caffeine so I drink a weak coffee (50/50) but it is made in a Bunn maker so it doesn't take long.

Nicely made furniture Alex!

Last edited:
Welcome Alex, I'm always a day late to these things, but glad to have your expertise on board here. Impressive list of machinery... almost like my kind of interesting museum. They don't make them anymore like the majority of the pieces in your shop. If I wasn't 2000 miles away I'd like to stop in and see it.