Thread: Bought my Dream sander today

Woodstock, Ontario, Canada

Bought my Dream sander today

Always wanted one of these sanders so I drove north about 120 miles one way to pick up a used 6"x108" belt, industrial quality sander off a young lady artist/woodworker. She moved and the sander was way too big for her new shop. I jumped on this one as they usually have 3 phase motors!! It must weigh 700 pounds! Cabinet must be made from 1/8" thick steel! Rock solid on my shop floor! Made in Toronto, Ontario by Progress. It has a 2 hp 1750 rpm single phase motor, with tons of power . The front table is missing , but I think I can easily make one up. Now I just got to sell the dark green 3 yr old Chinese 6x99 oscillating belt sander. No room to store it in my crowded shop.
    Attachment 19213

Attachment 19214
    hobby woodworking since 1972

Tokyo Japan
    Looks great, I imagine you will have a table made up in no time and put that sander to good use!

Great find!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Very cool Bryan nice find.
    Don't you just hate when you have more tools than space

Woodstock, Ontario, Canada

All fixed up and ready to work!

New 60 grit belt, a replacement table made from doubled up MDF. A 12" length of old galvanized water pipe and new flange made a nice table support. I had to grind the hole a 1/16" larger in the support arm to fit the water pipe using my little air die grinder and a 5/8 diameter stone. The sander is so heavy, it's very hard to slide on the smooth concrete floor. I made up some slide-able feet using nylon furniture glides so it will slide away from the wall if I need to sand on the front end. Just drill a center hole and add a 1/4-20 flat head stove bolt to the rubber/nylon glide. Just need to find some wood grain counter top laminate and the new end table top would match. Very happy with my purchase! The sander is in like new condition. My chinese 6x99 sander sold in two days! Now I can get back to my projects.
    Attachment 19521

Attachment 19522

Attachment 19523

Attachment 19524
    hobby woodworking since 1972